Stocking Suggestions!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robcurry12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to stock up my 36 gallon bow front aquarium! Ive got a few small caves and 4 live plants. I already have a stock plan but I'm interested to see others views and ideas! I'm aiming to have a colorful, moving, peaceful tank. I already have 3 zebra danios in there and then the rest id like to add go like this

2 more danios
4 Harlequin Rasboras
2-3 Rosy Barbs
3 Congo or Columbian Tetras
3 Diamond or Black Skirt Tetras
3 Emerald Cories
2 Otto Cats

What do you guys think? Is there room for more or is it at capacity with these guys?
Do you guys have any suggestions for different species or amount of species?

I'm looking to stock up my 36 gallon bow front aquarium! Ive got a few small caves and 4 live plants. I already have a stock plan but I'm interested to see others views and ideas! I'm aiming to have a colorful, moving, peaceful tank. I already have 3 zebra danios in there and then the rest id like to add go like this

2 more danios
4 Harlequin Rasboras
2-3 Rosy Barbs
3 Congo or Columbian Tetras
3 Diamond or Black Skirt Tetras
3 Emerald Cories
2 Otto Cats

What do you guys think? Is there room for more or is it at capacity with these guys?
Do you guys have any suggestions for different species or amount of species?

Pick one species you like, build your stock around those requirements.

I think your list looks like a mish mash of fish.

Social schooling fish should have 6 or more for best behavior. Having just a few can cause stress, misplaced aggression, illness, shorter lifespan.
I don't love Zebra Danios, but they are hardy and a good display fish.

6 Zebra Danios

6 Harlequin Rasboras or Cherry Barbs ( only 3-4 males)

6 Emerald Cories ( which are actually Brochis, not Corydoras )

6 Otos

Using AqADVISOR and guessing filtration at Aquaclear 300 I got
http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?...AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple

Plug in your first list and see what it says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a rosy barb fan, but you have to have at least 6 or they get fin nippy. They also get too large for your tank.

I'd stay away from the skirt tetras as they are fin nippers. I'd actually replace all your tetras with 6-8 penguin tetras and maybe 8 cherry barbs 4 regulor and 4 albino. You also need at least 6 on the harlequins

Back
Top Bottom