Stocking-threadfins in 29g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Not sure how many threadfins can occupy a 29g with 6 corydoras as tankmates. I think at least 8 is ok, at most 15. Does this sound reasonable?

And how often is it that threadfins choke on their food....? I've heard it can happen, but unsure if it's a common occurrence. If you have ideas on how to cut up frozen mysis without turning the food into mush, let me know! ;)

Thanks!

I would start with 8-10 for that size and see how much room they have to swim. Mine have never choked. I hadn't heard that was a problem. I do crunch up their flakes and feed some Spirulina and brine shrimp. They're cute little fish. :)

Hholly said:
I would start with 8-10 for that size and see how much room they have to swim. Mine have never choked. I hadn't heard that was a problem. I do crunch up their flakes and feed some Spirulina and brine shrimp. They're cute little fish. :)

Thanks! Yes I figured starting with 10 would do. I will order 11 tonight. I read they can be a bit sensitive, so I'm a little worried about how theyll adjust to my water. Ordering online will be cheaper than buying them locally, but only if they survive the acclimation process!

Back
Top Bottom