Stocking Time! 125g African Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got all the equipment set up and I'm ready to stock this bad boy! LOL

I had this in my build thread but I think I've beaten that thread to death! I need some fresh opinions.

I currently have:
4 red empress'
2 giraffe
2 zebra obliquen
1 red zebra (f)
1 Zebra OB (m)
1 Electric blue johanni

The zebra ob and johanni are the only mbuna I kept after rehoming half my tank. They are staying no matter what. They are really mellow though so I dont expect any issues from them.

I am thinking on adding a clown loach or two just need more information on them.

Anything else I can add thats a bottom feeder? We are going fish shopping this weekend so I wanna be prepared. I was looking at catfish too :)

Any suggestions are welcome! I need to get this stocked. hehe...

thanks everyone

Synodontis petricola from lake tanganyika but adapt to ph 6.5-9 but have cool White whiskers and if you have three or more you will see them all the time plus they eat algae of the rocks and do not hid so much stay about same size as a bristlenose but more authentic :) hope that helps

The Featherfin Catfish is my fave,

54437366.jpg

3034.jpg

images

Very neat! I like all three! lol

I don't know what we'll end up with tomorrow but I'll be sure to post.

We went a little crazy on the fish shopping LOL.

We picked up the following

2 benga Sunshines
1 red peacock
1 yellow blaze
1 tiger hap
1 OB Ahli
and an albino Ancistrus ( pleco)

I'll try to get some pics up later. :)

carey said:
We went a little crazy on the fish shopping LOL.

We picked up the following

2 benga Sunshines
1 red peacock
1 yellow blaze
1 tiger hap
1 OB Ahli
and an albino Ancistrus ( pleco)

I'll try to get some pics up later. :)

Hi Carey, how's the filter settled in? Is your tank cycled, wonder what your test readings are??

If you're still thinking of adding clown loaches I'd say go for it, I currently have 4 in with my cichlids and they are some of the best fish I've kept. They cruise around doing their own thing and love pushing my bristlenoses out of the way for food. They do little dances with each other in the corner ofthe tank too, never fail to put a smile on my face.

If you're still thinking of adding clown loaches I'd say go for it, I currently have 4 in with my cichlids and they are some of the best fish I've kept. They cruise around doing their own thing and love pushing my bristlenoses out of the way for food. They do little dances with each other in the corner ofthe tank too, never fail to put a smile on my face.

cool, thanks a ton. i'm hoping to add 2, would that be enough to keep them happy?

I'm not quite sure how many loaches you should keep together but my four seem happy as they are in their little group, google it? =)

Back
Top Bottom