Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cdepriest6009

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I had a post on her a while back about what to stock with a beta in a 10g tank we have thought it out and was thinking of going with some glofish and some shrimp. what would be a good number to put in the tank and what kind of shrimp would be good for it. The tank has been cycling for awhile and it is ready for fish I was going to wait to add the beta until I put the other fish in there so she doesn't try to get to territorial and attack anything we put in there we was going to our lfs this weekend to get the fish and shrimp.

I would not do the danios. Really as active as they are, they would need a bigger tank than 10 gallons; Besides, they would possibly nip the bettas fins. You could try an alternative like Neon tetra (could fit around 5 with the betta) or glowlite tetra (around 4).

I would try around 5-10 ghost shrimp to start off with. If the ghost shrimp does good with the betta, you could try Red Cherry shrimp or Amano shrimp.

A 10g is really too short for glofish. They need more length for swimming.

There are many small tetras and rasboras that would make good tankmates for a betta in a 10g. I think most bettas would snack on RCS. Amano shrimp are bigger and would be better. A bamboo shrimp is another option. They're filter feeders that get about 4" long.

Ok so I will look into the different shrimp and the glowtetra and let her look to see what she thinks I know she like the bright colors that's why we was thinking of the glofish for it

Back
Top Bottom