Stocking??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Here Fishy Fishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I think I got it. Working on stocking options for a 45g tall well planted tank. Looking for any foreseeable problems I would have with these:

1 Leopard pleco- trading him when to big,
5 Serpae tetra
3 Bleeding hearts
2 Pearl gourami
1 Dwarf gourami
2 Blue rams
1 Loach
2 dwarf frogs
3 small snails

also considering a few Cory or a small red fish perhaps a sword tail as one more show fish. Any objections to the # of fish, to many or room for one more of something, or compatibility issues?

Thanks for any helpful ideas.

Not sure about the frogs, I have no experience with them, but the mix appears OK. You should probably have a few more loaches, as most of them like company, depending on what they are.

The rams may be a little fussy about the water quality. Keep it very clean for them. They prefer temperatures of 78F to 84F, and pH levels of 6.5 to 7.0. They can be nervous, so don't add anything overly rambunctious or too aggressive in with them. What you have listed is fine.

You seem to already be aware that the Leopard Pleco could be a problem as they grow to nearly 2 feet in length.

The serpaes and bleeding heart will usually do well together. Watch the serpaes for fin nipping.

Pearl gouramis are probably one of the most peaceful gouramis I have ever kept and the single dwarf gourami should be fine on its own.

I would maybe consider getting one larger school of tetras rather than a few of each kind. I would suggest getting a pair of rams, rather than all males or females. Even with a pair you may have aggression issues when they start to breed.

Back
Top Bottom