Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peacockbass

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I have finally made up my mind on my 90. I'm going to put my jack Dempsey in there along with a green terror and Oscar. I understand they they all get big and are aggressive and territorial. I have lots of hiding spots and and fake plants in it. The only thing I'm wondering is what cleaning crew could I put in it as well? I don't want to spend a lot of money on it, and I don't really want a pleco, but if I have to I will put one in.

It's been stated in at least one of your other threads... Pick one of them, not all of them. The JD and gt would work together, but the Oscar would need to be alone truthfully.

It's been stated in at least one of your other threads... Pick one of them, not all of them. The JD and gt would work together, but the Oscar would need to be alone truthfully.

Okay I won't have an Oscar but what about the jack Dempsey, the green terror, a couple silver dollars and an African spotted leaf fish

Okay I won't have an Oscar but what about the jack Dempsey, the green terror, a couple silver dollars and an African spotted leaf fish

Silver Dollars IMO need to be in a group of 5+ as they are shoaling fish and feel safer in numbers.Dont know about spotted leaf fish so you'll have to ask someone else.Jack and GT should be ok though.

Silver Dollars IMO need to be in a group of 5+ as they are shoaling fish and feel safer in numbers.Dont know about spotted leaf fish so you'll have to ask someone else.Jack and GT should be ok though.

Will pictus clean the tank well because they are like 10 bucks each. I don't want to wast my money on them

You shouldn't buy a fish to do a job better suited for you. Gravel vaccuuming and and a bit of elbow grease is your best bet

Even if you get a cleaner crew you still have to clean.. and i agree you shouldnt get a fish or invert or whatever just bc it cleans.. i have different setups with shrimp,snails,crays, otocinclus & synodontis petricola.... each tank still requires cleaning on a weekly basis some just less then others

Even if you get a cleaner crew you still have to clean.. and i agree you shouldnt get a fish or invert or whatever just bc it cleans.. i have different setups with shrimp,snails,crays, otocinclus & synodontis petricola.... each tank still requires cleaning on a weekly basis some just less then others

Guys I completely understand that I have to clean my aquarium I do 25% water changes and vacuum the gravel every week. I'm not new to the hobby, I'm just looking for pointers.

Back
Top Bottom