Stop Trademark Bullying- Petition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, Please every member on this board post the change.org link to those forums and your facebook pages.
482103_3889280343151_12325754_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty, if I knew nothing of the monsterfishkeepers site and was searching for Monster energy drinks, I could understand the confusion of logo infringment (even though the entities are different). I think it's a bit much to ask not to consume their products just because they want them to use a different logo....jmo.

As someone that works in marketing and sees this stuff daily, the logos aren't even close in design.

Monster energy drink does not own the trademark for exclusive use of the letter M in marketing. That can't be done.

One is green squiggly lines like a stalagtite and one is an M made to look like a devil symbol.

The fish site is not misleading in any way with it's marketing, and they do not gain any profit from trying to pretend or falsely associate themselves with the drink company.

"Infringement may occur when one party, the "infringer", uses a trademark which is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark owned by another party, in relation to products or services which are identical or similar to the products or services which the registration covers."

"Where the respective marks or products or services are not identical, similarity will generally be assessed by reference to whether there is a likelihood of confusion that consumers will believe the products or services originated from the trademark owner."

If the fish site starts selling energy drinks or insinuates they are endorsed by the drink company, then they have a case.

I like monster but this is moronic so I did sign after all the emails and hope monster doesn't win this.

The Monster logo doesnt even look like an "M", i cant believe something like this would happen to an online forum, especially an aquarium forum.

Edit: Oh whoops, you gotta be 18 to sign a petition in the US I just remembered i think. Lol shhh dont tell

George9 said:
The Monster logo doesnt even look like an "M", i cant believe something like this would happen to an online forum, especially an aquarium forum.

Edit: Oh whoops, you gotta be 18 to sign a petition in the US I just remembered i think. Lol shhh dont tell

That won't matter cause if they find out ur under 18 your signature will be null and void

I found out about Monster Energy BECAUSE of the beef between MFK and ME

Monster Fish Keepers win

I highly doubt some one would mistake the two logos. A preschooler could tell the difference.

bettaowner said:
I highly doubt some one would mistake the two logos. A preschooler could tell the difference.

And since when does MFK sell soda or Monster Energy be interested in five foot long fish? MFK doesn't dispense fish from vending machines either, and Monster Energy doesn't have a forum (as far as I know) for soda loving people. Let's get real, Monster Energy. Your poor wittle wogo is safe.

Gladly signed it weeks ago. I met the guys from MFK at a fish auction in NJ last month, and they asked everyone to spread the word. Show your support against bullying by Hansen beverage company.

Signed. But curious why they don't change up their logo. What does devil horns and a tail on a "m" have to do with Monster Fish? Change the logo and add the "FK". But I also agree that the 2 logos have nothing to do with each other. Monster is a bully company with bored lawyers and I don't drink any energy drink.

Back
Top Bottom