Storing driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raccioppi83

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am considering dipping my toes into the salty end of aquarium keeping with a nano tank. Before I do so I have a piece of driftwood in my 13G tank and I want to know the proper way to store it.

Do I simply remove the piece and let it dry?

That should be fine. When it comes the time to reuse it, you may want to scrub and/or boil it to remove matter that has dried up on it. Or you can boil it now, let it dry and put it away "clean".

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When the wood appears dry don't bag it, it will have retained moisture deep inside the wood and it could produce mould or fungus - I dried a piece for a couple of weeks, bagged it and six months later it was unusable.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

When the wood appears dry don't bag it, it will have retained moisture deep inside the wood and it could produce mould or fungus - I dried a piece for a couple of weeks, bagged it and six months later it was unusable.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

In light of this I suppose you could just put on in a shelf as a display when not using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay. So it's as simple as I assumed it would be. Great!

Sent from my VS986 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom