Strange Clown fish or sign of trouble??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hdfergie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my tank up for 2 months + and cycled it with strip damsels! Never lost any fish and added 2 blue damsels and checked ammonia levels. Never came up past .25 ppm. Weeks later I added a paired clown fish. Never had these before but my question is in the morning when the lights come on one of my clowns is on his side floating on top! This is a 125gal tank with 5 inches of sand! After 15 minutes he is swimming around with the other! First time we seen this we dropped in air stones thinking it was ammonia spike but it only rose to .25 the lowest level on my api test kit! I do have high nitrites but hear that saltwater is forgiving in that area! Tank is 125 gal running a Fluval G6 filter, skimmer .025 salt two wave makers and now a power head pumping in a mix of air and water!
Is this a sign I have a sick clown? No others are having a problem.
Help please

Thank you bribo12!! This guy had me worried but I just could not understand why no others had signs of trouble! WOW, strange!

They're by far the oddest sw fish you can own when it comes to sleeping habits lol.

Back
Top Bottom