Strange German Ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarRam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone tell me what this is?? It looks like a German Ram but I've never seen one that was red in color like this. Any ideas?

376_German_Blue_Ram_Mikrogeophagus_ramirezi.e.jpg

That's awesome, where did you get him/her? I have a German Blue Ram but is the standard blue. I didn't know they can be red like this I'm interested to see some responses also!

wow its beautiful! I didn't know they come in red. it definatly looks like a german ram though.

This is a genuine pic have seen them in a fish store near my work and they are labelled as red rams. A truly beautiful fish

Hello,

I have a couple of these. Tropical boy is right, they are often labelled as red rams although as mentioned above they are just a colo(u)r variant of the German Blue Rams.

These are without doubt my favourite fish.

I finally found one locally. They sell them as Gold Rams. It is more of a bright orange than red.

Although I've seen gold rams before and they didn't look like this so I'm not sure why the store I saw them at was calling them Gold Rams, but that what the guy said they ordered and received.

Awe how sweet! I only have a standard German Blue Ram (female) But I used to have a pair of Electric Blue Rams but the female got attacked by another fish (pottentially my gourami) and then the male died about 2 weeks after she did though there were no health issues, worms, disease, etc..... perhaps he just got.....lonely without her?

Actually, looking at your video, that is a male GBR in full spawning colors. Sometimes the males get so red that they are also labeled as Ruby rams. Our males get that bright when they're trying to woo their girls. ;) It was hard to tell when looking at your original picture.

Actually, looking at your video, that is a male GBR in full spawning colors. Sometimes the males get so red that they are also labeled as Ruby rams. Our males get that bright when they're trying to woo their girls. ;) It was hard to tell when looking at your original picture.

Hi,

I'm not the O.P. :D

This one, Red 1, has been this colour for as long as I have owned him. I also have an electric blue ram that displays at Red 1 and the ebr's forehead (if fish have such a thing) goes vivid tango orange. The ebr is about 25% bigger than Red 1 and Red 1 is 4 x the size of the 'common' gbr fish that I have.

Back
Top Bottom