strange white patch on loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iambannana

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey there, noticed a faint white patch on the side of my loach the other week, however its turned really white now and im not to sure what it could be, ive moved him to an isolation tank for now but he seems fine otherwise, has anyone seen it before?

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).jpg
    photo 1 (1).jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 63
What does the patch look like, I can't tell from the picture. Is it smooth, fuzzy, or scaly?

Is there a chance he could have brushed up against the heater? I've heard that they can leave burn marks on fish, though I've never experienced it before.

Nah wouldn't think so it's a rena heater that's like enclosed, with a hole through the middle and it's one of their favourite hiding spots so if it was the heater i think they would all have burns... Could it just be a scar or something?

Just normal happy loach cruising around checking out his boring little hospital tank. I took the log and some driftwood out of my main tank so he can have somewhere to hide if he gets stressed out but there's nothing strange going on. I almost just left him in the Main tank but I can't risk the other 5 loaches catching anything especially at 30$ each.. I'm just half dosing melafix for now to see if it helps

Back
Top Bottom