Strange worm w/furry head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonniemarie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

Let me apologize for not starting a new thread, but I don't know how.
I'm new to AA and a very novice aquarium owner.

I've had my small little beginner salt tank up since January and all is very good, but... I have two 2 big rocks which have many bristle worms which I'm trying to get rid of, but last night, I discovered a new character living in one rock...

He's a long, skinny worm w/whiteish-gray stripes and smooth black skin(about the diameter of an un-cooked spaghetti string). He's only about 2" (perhaps a baby something). When he smelled food, he'd push this feathery thing out the tip to get food and suck it back in to the tube.
I'm familiar w/feather dusters and this is what it reminds me of, but it doesn't have that very industrial looking hard container body that looks like something found on a sunken ship. He's way too small to photograph. Any ideas??

Sounds like a peanut worm. They are amazing to watch eat. It's not often you get to witness the appendages in action but it's really a cool thing to watch. (I actually have one in the front of my tank and I get to watch it all the time). Harmless, enjoy. :)

Peanut Worm! Thx

thank you! I think you might be right. I went to Google and even though there seemed to be a few various types, I did see an image of the one I saw in my tank. Now I know what i have. Thx again!

Back
Top Bottom