Strangely persistent White poo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amazingmanc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I’ve been in the hobby for about 12 months and enjoying it. Last year I had a particularly big problem with white poo about 9 months into having my tank which affected platy but moved to my Gourami, who progressively deteriorated then died. I cleaned, and left for 3 months and when saw no more deaths re established the tank population. Endlers, neons and some platy remained with some Cory. I didn’t really have treatments at that time.

More recently again it returned in platy, us having fry as well. Rather than risk another big problem I separated all platy into a QC which seems to have saved the larger 165lt population which is thriving. For a few weeks now I’ve kept the platy in a QC tank.

They eat, but the adults have translucent poo and get lethargic. Not hairlike, normal size poo but for the thick white colour. I have tried Metroplex every 48 hours, 3 times on two occasions. Then also prazipro (after a break), two doses. The metroplex when they don’t eat and get lethargic does encourage feeding however they still poo white. As this risks the other tank they are staying put until I’m sure there is no risk.

Also note, fry growing extremely slowly. Feeding peas currently to flush.

Thanks very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be a diffrent type of worm, prazipro dosent kill them all. You may need to try pancur or prohibit.

It might be a diffrent type of worm, prazipro dosent kill them all. You may need to try pancur or prohibit.

Thank you, I think I have cracked it, touch wood. I used Flubendazole, and so maybe the metro then a break first followed by this weakened whatever it was then cleared everything. The variation allowing sensitivity to the actives.

Still going to leave it a month.

Back
Top Bottom