Stressed fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinaml88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just posted a few days ago what my tank ranges were. My ph was high at 8.4 and was told to lower it if i could. I bought some ph down and got it down but since putting it in the tank my fish have become lethargic and now hide. They were out swimming like crazy before hand. I also believe that 4 out of 5 adults are possibly pregnant. I did a watcher change last night to try and get it closer to were it was but they are atill acting the same. What can i do? Im afraid adding the ph down caused problems and then the water change last night really effected them.

They are now hiding in the castle hide or staying by the heater. They are also clamping theor back fins from time to time.
5 plattys fish
4 fry in the tank currently.

I said your pH was high, which it is, but never suggested you lower it. My reply pointed out that maintaining steady pH was more important than targeting specific numbers and that as long as your fish were healthy there was nothing in your water parameters to concern me.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

I said your pH was high, which it is, but never suggested you lower it. My reply pointed out that maintaining steady pH was more important than targeting specific numbers and that as long as your fish were healthy there was nothing in your water parameters to concern me.

I 2nd this! It's really hard to raise or lower your ph and keep it steady. Seems like it's a constant battle that is really stressful on the fish

Sorry it was on another forum. Im on 2 got it mixed up. I think im going to just leave it be. They seem to be doing better today.

I think this serves as an excellent first hand example that trying to adjust pH isnt healthy for fish. There are instances where fish really do need certain water conditions (or at least will do better), or you might have to do something if parameters are particularly extreme, but most of those commonly kept fish will often be better off being left alone with whatever your aquarium settles at.

I think this serves as an excellent first hand example that trying to adjust pH isnt healthy for fish. There are instances where fish really do need certain water conditions (or at least will do better), or you might have to do something if parameters are particularly extreme, but most of those commonly kept fish will often be better off being left alone with whatever your aquarium settles at.
Amen! [emoji106][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom