Struggling to treat Fin Rot & Fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AA1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there,

I've got 4 neon tetras with fin rot & fungus in a quarantine tank. I tried Aquacare fin rot medication followed by Aquacare Fungus treatment, but I saw no improvement. So I'm now trying King British combined fin rot and fungus, but after a week of treatment I'm seeing no improvement. Any recommendations as to what I should do next?

Thanks in advance!

I would try one teaspoon of aquarium salt per gallon. Be sure to dissolve before putting it in tank as it can cause burns.

You might not actually be dealing with a fungus & Fin Rot. The problem might be Neon Tetra Disease. If so there is really no viable cure.

Many thanks for the responses. Fingers crossed it's not Neon Tetra Disease, only time will tell on that one. I shall give the salt treatment a go - I imagine it will be less stressful for my fish.

If you having seen improvement yet. Probably the disease. Imo. Good luck though. It's hard to find good neon tetras sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom