stuff in my water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessecohen10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
there is specs of something in the water it's tiny and it's everywhere i don't know what it is or how to get it out any advice.

Could you tell us a little more about the specks? Color? Do they seem like bits of substrate or more like cloudiness in the water?

Do you have a python and have you tried to vacuum them out?

Could you tell us a little more about the specks? Color? Do they seem like bits of substrate or more like cloudiness in the water?

Do you have a python and have you tried to vacuum them out?

Yes, and in additon to those questions, are the specks moving at all? Is there a chance they could be alive? Did you add or move anything to or in your tank before the specks appeared?

yes i have a python and i have made pwc three times in the last two weeks because some one put a bunch of food in it and i hade to change it, the specks are just white no they arent moving. it's not substrate or cloudiness it's just floating around

Go to a arts and craft store. Buy a bag of pillow stuffing, with no anti mildew additives. Put it in a mesh bag or use it loose and stuff it in you filter. Change it every two weeks. It should help catch small particles.

Back
Top Bottom