STUMPED fish dying 12 so far!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok like the topic states I have a 20g tall. Been up for 8m now and nothing ever happened. Ok but now I've lost
Ap. Bittan's male x 1
betta crown tail x11
nitrites-0-
nitrates -0-
Amonia 0.3
chlorine -0-
PH 6.3
KH 150ppm
GH 250ppm
Co2 12degrees
Alkasinate 5.9

Nothing visable on the fish like sores, open wonds, gills alittle pink but not to the point of infection, skiles are in the right spot but with a discolorration to them.
Done a 25% W/C yesterday after 4 come up dead. Then added Anti-fungus by aquarium products and Anti-bacteria by same coupany { the meds can be looked at here www.aq-products.com }
This was yesterday morning at 5:00am waited 24hrs like meds say and still lostr 7 very health betta females. They had spawned fry 3 to 4 dys before. Healthy and swimming and eatting then BOOM GONE. Then this morning at 6:45am 3 more,then 9:00am 2 more. Now the betta's are not the only thing in the tank there is Apistogramma Cockato double reds and Laetacara dorsigera {red flag cichlids } None of them have dyied. None of them even look sick. So what's going on?

nitrates or nitrites,not sure which one, supose to have readings just a little with a established tank?
maybe something along that lines could be the problem.
not sure . im having a problem with all my fish dying too. and i cant seem to figure out the problem.

How longs your tank been up? If you tell me a little about it maybe I could help. My trouble is something in the tank and It's got me stumped. But your could be new tank sintrum. Tanks tht hvn't been up more then a few weeks go throw cycles. The cycles could make fish dyi big time, with out any warrning.
that's something that can be fixed with time. Mine is something that is in the tank. I have no clue what or how to fix it but her is a cure out ther. even if I have to empty the tank nd start over.

Is this tank planted? If not is it possible a contaminant got into the tank? A new cycle starting over for some reason.

My tank I'm talking about is lightly planted Zagz. It has cyrpt wendita, A vine type plant I don't know the nme of but grows like a weed. LOL It also has some java moss that i covered in brown hair algee, that is being treated with lgee be gone.
I checked into the algee be gone and it's all natural So no worries there but have no glue bout the illness ggoing throw the tan. Ky's mommy it sounds just like what Zag is saying it sounds to me like a new cycle has started.

A tank can go throw a new cycle if the bactrera level hs been changed in any way. Like being cleaned and removing to much of the batria base. IMO is not to hard to do either. I remove the base one time bout 3 or 4 months ago and I had to go throw the whole start up stage all over.

I feed both. They get live brine shrimp rinsed in freash water twice before adding to the tanks . I fed the live brine shrimp in the eveningtime and frozen blood worms every other night. I take the blood worm and drop them in warm water and rinse them before there added to the tank. Never leave any in the bottom of the tank. I'll suck any left over out.

You said that you've added antibiotics to treat your tank along with the anti parasite meds- what brand did you use? The last time I used antibiotics in a tank I got Maracyn 2, and when I added it my tank went through a mini-cycle. IME an antibiotic will affect your bio filter even if the package advertises that it won't. That doesn't explain your fish deaths, but it may explain why your test kit showed a little bit of ammonia. Sorry for your losses and I hope you figure things out. A. bitaeniata are really beautiful fish.

Back
Top Bottom