Stupid me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just doing a PWC on my 46. I was scrubbing algae on the back glass and being my stupid self, I smashed my elbow into one of my middle rocks. Everything collapsed. My long worked on rock structure...rubble. Luckily, none hit the glass. So, I have to re-do it...again. I just did this last Monday, and probably another two weeks before this as well (changed rock structure, not knocked down). Is it bad for the fish to keep knocking up all that crap when messing with the sand and changing around the rocks constantly, getting my water very foggy? I am pretty much wondering if all this is harmful to my fish.

I think since your tank has been established for so long and you have a good filter, your fish will be fine. Check your params just in case, though. I've been worried after moving things around and stirring up all kinds of crap and once thought for sure there had to be ammonia or something spiking a bit. Tested an hour after: nothing. Tested the next day: nothing.

I'm sad about your rockwork being a shambles, though. :cry:

Nope, they were all above the rocks, thank god. Neilan you'll be happy to know I changed my background to black since it looks better with my new bulb :)

I used to change my rockwork around every few months or so it seemed like they would get kind of bored after a while if they couldn't explore something new .

I take the rocks down every pwc to check for hiding fry. Hasn't hurt my fish in 2 years so I imagine yours will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom