stupid watchman goby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I was feeding the tank today and the goby was sitting in the corner near the front of the tank. When I put the food in he would dart at the glass (opposite of where the food is). Now he is like staring at the glass and he didn't get that much to eat.

Should I watch him and if the problem persists should I get something to cover the outside side of the tank (like a black thing) so that he can't see out of it?

Anyone else have this problem?

I don't have a goby so I don't have much to in the way of help.

Is that the spot where you normally feed?

I just put the food where the filter outflow is so it goes all over.

I just put some flakes in there again- he's getting the hang of looking in the glass then turning his head and darting towards it now lol. It was kinda sad to see him dart into the glass....

I have seen some fish not eat off the top of the water. I had a forktail blenny that would only eat stuff in the water collum.

I have a watchman that basically does the same thing. I have gone months without seeing him, then out of nowhere he appears. Mine will eat anything that floats near him, he will not chase food. I have to target feed him.

Ah at first mine hid all the time now I will see him poke his head out of the rocks every now and then. Whenever he thinks food is coming he will swim out of the rocks and hover in the water column looking around for the food. It's pretty cool cause you can see the blue on the bottom fin when he is swimming around.

I have a watchman in my 24 gallon nano. He will chase food about 6 inches or so from his hole, but that is about it. I use the sinking pellets and drop it in the filter overflow and that knocks it everywhere. I only feed the tank once a week or so, I have pods on the live rock that keep him very fat and happy. Do you have any live rock in the tank? If you have a lot of it with stuff growing on it, he will eat that stuff first and foremost, and I would not worry too much about target feeding him. I would use a sinking pellet rather than flake food, however.

Back
Top Bottom