substrate addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I hav white sand as my tank substrate and using sand for 1st time.i Rinse it several times and add it into my tank. Add driftwood and add water too. Bt the water stil looks bit cloudy. I turn on d power filter. After how long can I add d fish into my tank?

You can add your fish straight away. The cloudiness won't hurt them. It will take a day or so to clear. You can do PWC and add floss to your filter to help clear it.

Last edited:
Thanks. Does power filter give d best result in a sandy tank?

It's better to let the sand settle before turning on the filter. Besides making a big mess in your filter, it could cause mechanical issues with the filter.

sayan said:
I hav white sand as my tank substrate and using sand for 1st time.i Rinse it several times and add it into my tank. Add driftwood and add water too. Bt the water stil looks bit cloudy. I turn on d power filter. After how long can I add d fish into my tank?

Cover the intakes with a piece of pantyhose.

Thanx for d info. I want to stick on hob or inside tank power filter. Hear canister filter is best here.but dis r really expensive one.

Back
Top Bottom