Suddenly social clown pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justfishin17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! I've got a clown pleco that I've had since I first started my tank and he's always been pretty bashful. I've noticed that in the last week or two he's started coming out a lot more. I've provided wood for him in my tank and drop in algae wafers at night. He looks healthy and is pretty territorial so no one has kicked him out of his hiding place. Should I be worried about him?

I was told that they were nocturnal. Is that not true then? Cuz he did come out at night only before and now he comes out all the time.

Just about all plecos are nocturnal but mine comes out periodically during the day as well

I have one that hides in a root decoration. I can easily go 2 weeks without seeing him. But on the rare occasions that I do see him, he's real fat. I feed at night so thats the time he comes out. As for temperament, mine will let shrimp climb all over him.

He could be hungry, the only time I see mine is when he needs a feed. All the Clown Plecos I've owned go crazy for the external skin of courgette, slice and boil for 10 mins, let it cool, then drop it in - usually better dropping it in at night and remove after 24 hours.

My plecos seem to go through phases sometimes they are very active and social then all of a sudden they stop. Idk weird fish

Back
Top Bottom