Suggestion for online retailer - salt and frozen food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djmpj2

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone suggest an online retailer that doesn't charge a lot for shipping for salt and frozen food?

Thanks
DJ

drsfosterandsmith.com doesn't charge by weight. I bought 160LBs of saly, no extra charge. I have not purchased frozen from them.

drsfosterandsmith.com doesn't charge by weight. I bought 160LBs of salt, no extra charge. I have not purchased frozen from them.

They would be my choice also. I`m going to order my next batch of salt from there.

That's funny. They are the reason I asked. I was ordering 6 packages of frozen misis and brine for a total of 15.84 and they want $19.99 for shipping the frozen food. Yikes!

Order Subtotal: $15.84
Frozen Fish Food Shipping $19.99

Total: $35.83

I am guessing it's because of the way it needs to be packaged. If the food thaws at all, it's no good. Fouls really easily. You don't have a local petsmart or petco? The ones around here sell frozen food.

Our local pet store (Petco)- their freezer broke and they and they won't be carrying frozen food for a while.

DJ

Devilishturtles said:
I am guessing it's because of the way it needs to be packaged. If the food thaws at all, it's no good. Fouls really easily. You don't have a local petsmart or petco? The ones around here sell frozen food.

I agree. When ordering frozen foods, there is alot of packaging involved (boxes, insulation, dry ice) so it costs alot more than ordering normal dry goods. It's worth it though to guarantee your getting a quality product and that it isn't going to be spoiled when you get it.
ThatFishPlace also sells frozen but your gonna hit that "high shipping charges" issue with everyone. Good luck.

I have seen the same thing, I just order more stuff to make it worth it! LOL!

I agree Scott. I was going to say you`ll just have to order your supplies at the same time to make it worth it.

Back
Top Bottom