suggestions for plants for a discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

forenpa1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
looking for suggestions for a beginner plants to stock in a Discus tank- what plants will thrive at a Temp of 86F and a pH of 6.8 ? I am most likely getting a Current US Satelite Plus LED or would I be better off with T5HO or is my T8 ok if they are low light plants. I will dose with C02 with a DYI yeast reactor if needed

What size tank you have? I'm thinking that since it's a discus tank it would be 55gal or higher. The DIY co2 method isn't sufficient for tanks larger than 40gal. I wouldn't even do it on a 30gal. As for plants I would start with sword plants and Vals like jungle val

I'm starting with juvi in a 36 gal- will move to a 90 or 120 in a year or 2

Lol. This is interesting. You stated that you plan on starting them in a 36gal then moving them to a larger tank. I just "rescued" 3 young ones and they are currently starting in a 36gal with the intent to go into my 90gal build when it's ready.

I've done crypts and swords with mine just fine. Is this your first time with Discus ? Fwiw, only one juvie in a 36g is not the best idea.

Back
Top Bottom