Summer Temp Fluctuations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
Now that its summer is it alright to the fish if my tanks go up to 81ish during the day and back down to there normal 78-79 at night? In one tank there are just some Tetras and a Pleco, in the other there are some Danios, Snails, Cories and Praecox Rainbow. And then in a small 10 gallon there is a Betta.

I'm running into the same thing; had to turn the heater back on my upstairs tank because the room will get warm in the summer. Danios can hang in through most anything, but 81 sounds a bit warm to me; I keep mine at 76. The rest might be more used to the higher temps.

My tank usually sets at about 77 Degrees, with the air on it will dip just slightly below that. I got my heater on a schedual to come on for two hours every 9 hours, but I have it up higher to help the bacateria grow since my last tank broke I had to replace it and begin a fish cycle. Even in my other tank I had the temp bobbing around the 80's. I have 5 guppies and a pelco and they all liked the warmer water than the chill at 77's. I would just watch your fish and experiment a bit and go for what they seem to feel comfortable with. My tank right now is 83-84's. They are doing just fine.

Back
Top Bottom