Sun Coral and Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cplawrence

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a sun coral that I purchased about a month ago and it seems to be doing fairly well with little polyps sprouting up here and there. I have been feeding mysis every other day, but I will be going on vacation in a few days. For vacations, I have an automatic feeder for the fish and I typically have a neighbor stop in about once a day to make sure nothing horrendous has happened. I will be gone for about a week, but I am reluctant to try and explain to someone how to feed the sun coral. Should I try to do so or will it be fine for the week?
Thanks as always,
Chris

It should be fine for the week. It will still get something from the water column. Any longer than a week though and I would teach that neighbor how to feed it. You might want to do that anyway and tell them to only feed it once while you are gone.

You will be OK for even a few weeks. I only feed mine once a week and they do OK.

I agree. No real worries. I would suggest target feeding it before you go and once you get back. They do best when target-fed at night with the bright lights out. Mine will start to come out when the tank lights are on but after "lights out" it really expands to capture food from the water column.

Back
Top Bottom