Sunset Thicklip Gourami Not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justinlongw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I used to have 2 honey gourami, and neither of them would eat. I tried everything - feeding them bloodworms vs. flakes vs wafers (I know they wouldn't eat that - for the pleco). I've thrown the food in front of their faces and they'd just watch the food float by. My tank is a 55 gallon tank moderately decorated with rocks and a few live plants (two fake), and I also have 2 two-inch plecos (forgot the species), 8 cherry barbs, two opaline gourami, who can be food hogers, two angel fish, also still small. In addition, I do weekly water changes and upon the checking nitrate, nitrite, pH, and ammonium levels, they don't appear to be the problem (~with a pH around 7.2ish). One honey gourami ended up dying, while I put the other in a fishbowl and it's been doing fine for the past two weeks. Now I'm having the exact same problem with the Thicklip Gouramis, and I'm considering returning them after seeing neither of the two eat for 2 days. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom