supplements for plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi:

my anubis is very slow growing. i would like for it to get taller and bushier.

what do you add for your plants?

thanks

Well, from what I've read in the past, anubias is a slow grower when it is totally submersed. However, offering enough light (not too much, it's slow growing leaves will become covered with algae) and dosing with things like a liquid fertilizer (I like Seachem Flourish and even the API products).

Also, how to you have it growing? Attached to something or planted?

Anubias

hi:

my anubis is very slow growing. i would like for it to get taller and bushier.

what do you add for your plants?

thanks

Hello L...

Anubias are naturally slow growing, because they live in low light conditions in nature. The look of the plant depends on the species you have. Anubias nana is shorter and a bit bushier than Anubias nangi. If you want a plant that you can see fast growth, go with a stem plant like Anacharis (Brazilian waterweed).

If you have a lot of fish in your tank, you don't really need supplements. The fertilizer the fish produce is by far the best, just feed the fish a good diet. But, you can use liquids, dry, granules and tablets to add to the fish ferts.

I like liquids from API, Tetra, Nutrafin, Earth Juice and Standard Hydroponics, and Yamato. These are all good brands.

B

Back
Top Bottom