Supplements for Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimpandram

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 bc and considering to buy a supplement for my corals and a anemone in few weeks. I use rodi water and pro sea salt for my wc biweekly. Any suggestion on supplement?

If your not testing don't add anything. How do you know where your levels are at or if you need to increase anything if you've never tested them? Adding supplements will just throw everything out of wack. It's not just part of keeping a reef tank. Only dose if you test for the big 3 and see your levels dropping

If your not testing don't add anything. How do you know where your levels are at or if you need to increase anything if you've never tested them? Adding supplements will just throw everything out of wack. It's not just part of keeping a reef tank. Only dose if you test for the big 3 and see your levels dropping

Ok thanks for the help. Do you recommended any kits then?

If you are doing regularly scheduled WC`s then supplements are not necessary. Salt mixes have about 89 different salts in them that cover all the supplements you would need and more. If anything I would test for calcium and see but my bet is that you would be ok. JMO

If you are doing regularly scheduled WC`s then supplements are not necessary. Salt mixes have about 89 different salts in them that cover all the supplements you would need and more. If anything I would test for calcium and see but my bet is that you would be ok. JMO

Then why does my torch coral not open fully?

Then why does my torch coral not open fully?

Idk without numbers to go by no one can tell you anything. Do you not have quality test kits? Do you test ammonia, nitrite or nitrate? Phosphates? It could be anything

Idk without numbers to go by no one can tell you anything. Do you not have quality test kits? Do you test ammonia, nitrite or nitrate? Phosphates? It could be anything

I test every standards stuff just like freshwater.

Well if you want to dose start get a kit for alk, calcium and magnesium to check those levels as well.

how much flow is the torch getting med is most desired . phosphates will also effect the torch, last but not least lighting what type are you running

Could be many reasons. My experience with my tank has been never add supplements unless you can test for. I have never added any as SW PWC`s has been good to me.

how much flow is the torch getting med is most desired . phosphates will also effect the torch, last but not least lighting what type are you running

Phosphates are okay and my torch is getting medium to low flow. Using led light from China called mars aqua which seems to be rlly good.

Phosphates being OK doesn't really say anything at all. That isn't something that can be measured. What is OK for me isn't going to be the same as someone else's ok. Do you have a specific reading?
Have you tried moving it to a different spot in the tank?
Was the coral acclimated to the new light?

Phosphates being OK doesn't really say anything at all. That isn't something that can be measured. What is OK for me isn't going to be the same as someone else's ok. Do you have a specific reading?
Have you tried moving it to a different spot in the tank?
Was the coral acclimated to the new light?

I took it to my lfs and everything seems to be fine. They suggested me to buy a supplement for the coral growth. I will send you a picture of the bottle when I get home.
Yes I moved it to many different spots and acclimated them to the light too.

Did they give you exact numbers? What test kits did they use? Of course they sold you something, it's a lfs

Did they give you exact numbers? What test kits did they use? Of course they sold you something, it's a lfs

I been to this store many times and I trust this guy since he gives me all the true informations. I asked him if I need to buy other supplements but he only suggested only one which I find it believable.

Back
Top Bottom