SW Molly current question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyghtone

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added a FW black Molly to my SW tank a few months ago. I just ordered a new Wave2k wavemaker. Does anybody know if this fish can handle the current that it will create in my 75gal tank???

I doesn't seem to handle what the mag5 throughs at it, so I'm a little concerned about the wave2k...

Thanks, Joshua...

IMO The molly will just try to get away from it by going on the other side of the tank or hide behind some rockwork.

It should be able to take it.

Don't wavemakers just control the powerheads you already have?

EDIT: Nevermind just googled Wave2k.. that thing is a beast, lol.. 4000 gal/hr !! 8O

Yeah, I ordered the short Wave2k, it's rated at like 3400 gal/hr, because it's only 13" tall instead of 16. My tank is only a 75 gal, meaning 20" tall, so I thought that the 16" model would get to close to my sand and cause problems.

It's a very untested wavemaker though, and I wasn't able to find anybody actually using one, so I might be writing a review after I use it for awhile. I'll be taking pictures the whole way for sure if nothing else, :D

Thanks, Joshua...

Back
Top Bottom