Swimming disability (betta fry)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have this one fry that's about 1cm big and it seems to have trouble swimming :/ Iv never culled any of my fry so I know it's mean :( I just dropped the water level as low as I could get it with the heater still submerged which was about 1" - 1.5" (only one in the tank)
About last 3 days ago I went to do one of my daily water changes and I put my other fry (one) which is from the same batch into my other fry tank.
I just checked on him now and he seems to have the same trouble swimming so I put him into the tank with the unwell fry.
Also one of my fry (from another batch (.3cm)) somehow turned up in the tank with the two unwell fish and seems to have the same problem :/
Is this a deformality or is there some kind of illness that causes this?

(none of the smaller fry from the same batch are effected by this)

your always going too lose fry some are just born that way
Yep, not all of the fry will make it. Some of them are just born and do some crazy stuff the first few days/weeks. Those with the troubles swimming will probably die on you, but at least you have your other fry!

Theyre actually still alive lol they used to be able to swim fine but now it just looks like their spine is alittle bit bend. They swim ok it's just hard for them to swim up to the surface. I think they have a chance :)

Back
Top Bottom