Switching decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm adding my live plants today also figured I would do a pwc while I was at it and I'm taking out my carbon in my 3 stage and adding another sponge...
Do u guys think that's to much at one time?
Also should I keep all fish in tank while doing this?
And is there anything else I should do why I'm at it lol

Yeah as long as it's a well established tank and you aren't changing the substrate, you should be fine. I never remove the fish to work on the tank, I think it would stress them more than me being in their tank would.

I'm with siva, leave the fish in and they should be fine. Mine come up and nibble on my arm sometimes when I'm rescaping lol.

As for adding a sponge, IME I like poly-fil floss in between the sponge and bio media, it really polishes the water nicely.

I don't think that's too much. I pretty much do the same thing on filter cleaning day. I usually have some aquascaping to do too. My fish are so used to my arms in the tank that they usually just nip at me instead of getting out of the way.

All done everyone seems so much happier dont know if its the new live plants or the new decor but they are loving can't wait till cloudness goes away

Here u go I only have live on the right side so far I'll spread out as it grows

Mr. Limpet said:
Looking good :D.

We have that same Hoi Toi statue from Petco lol. Had to remove it though as our goldies were tearing themselves up on the edges.

Lol that's funny

Back
Top Bottom