Sword deficiency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmckinney0727

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
5a574fc5ae491cc50e9e11bae484321b.jpg

I'm just wondering what my sword is lacking. It's not doing horrible, still getting new growth, but all the older leaves start to not look so good.

I dose 7.5ml flourish, 5ml iron, ~15 ml flourish trace weekly, 7.5ml excel daily and use seachem root tabs in my 75 gallon. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I'll pick up some stuff on monday for the diy and see how that helps.

I was able to find some osmocote plus. I made some fert-cicles, and put them under all my root feeders. I've also upgraded my light. How long should it take to see results from the ferts?

I was able to find some osmocote plus. I made some fert-cicles, and put them under all my root feeders. I've also upgraded my light. How long should it take to see results from the ferts?

Theres a lot of factors in that, but i would say a week or so.

Theres a lot of factors in that, but i would say a week or so.
Thanks. I know swords can't repair their leaves, but can other aquatic plants? I've noticed some of my wendtii with the same problem. From what I gather, it's a lack of macros?

Thanks. I know swords can't repair their leaves, but can other aquatic plants? I've noticed some of my wendtii with the same problem. From what I gather, it's a lack of macros?

Generally, its best to prune the leaves that have holes in them as plants will waste energy trying to repair them.

Back
Top Bottom