sword help !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
So about 3 weeks ago I bought a sword planted it in a terra cotta pot with substrate, stuck a root tab in and topped with rocks. Well after a couple weeks it wasn't looking too good. So I did a diy co2 setup out of a gallon milk jug and a bug juice bottle. I have a 55g with a 48" t5no 2 bulb strip one bulb is 6700k and the other is a colormax both are 28 watts. Well my main concern is that a few leaves fell off and some others are starting to curl. On the ones that are showing the bottom sides of the leaves to the light there is also some brown. Does anyone know why my leaves are doing this. And because it is a cichlid tank am I better off getting them real big in a grow out box or just jeep them submersed. Any and all help is greatly appreciated because if this one plant with a diy co2 works out my wife will be cool with me lining the back with fast growing/tough (cichlid capable) plants and set up a pressurized system with another light strip. And thank you all in advance.
Ok the first pic was right after I planted it and the last two are from tonight.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20130226_063916.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130226_063916.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 89
  • ForumRunner_20130226_063948.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130226_063948.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 90
Who told you that was an anubias nana? That doesn't really look like an anubias

The pet store I got it from that also told me an umbrella plant can totally survive completely submerged and that I could put 40 random cichlids in a 55. Needless to say I have not been back there to buy anything since.I was looking at the stickie or thread on here with the plant profiles went to the sword and it looked nothing like it so I was browsing and it looks like one of the anubias plants. I hope I didn't mess my plant up by trimming it the other day :( and can an admin change this thread to "plant I'd and help" thank you

Does it have a rhizome? If yes, make sure it isn't buried under the substrate.

Do you think you could take another picture of the plant?

Yes I can my friend trimmed it 2 days ago so it doesn't have many leaves left but ill see if I can get a good angle

I can't tell what kind of plant that would be, sorry. Hopefully someone can help with the new pictures.

Back
Top Bottom