T5 Bulbs- Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm really wanting to replace the 12 bulbs in my T5 unit and am shopping around prices.

I plan on 6 12k bulbs and 6 blue (460). I like the blue hue very much. :)

My first choice of course being the ATI bulbs at about $21 each.

I also came across Wavepoint bulbs, they are much much cheaper ($13)and have the same color spectrum that I'm looking for with the ATI's.

Also saw regular old standard replacement bulbs from current, the maker of the light. ($13)

Which ones should I go with in everyone's opinion? I think my corals are suffering under the old bulbs I have now, they dont' seem to be as vibrant and aren't growing as much as when I had them under new bulbs.

I personally don't have any experience but my brother uses Wavepoint in his 6 bulb T5 fixture and absolutely loves them, he's running three different waves in his saltwater set up.

Thanks, just what i wanted to hear. :) Someone who actually knows if they are good not. I may give them a try.

I use Giesemanns and love them. I have also read nothing but wonderful things about them. I have also heard great things about ATI's and Wavepoints, though I have no firsthand experience with them. I'd say any of those 3 brands would give you good quality, just don't go with some cheap bulbs... as they say, you get what you pay for

Yep, exactly. I have the ATI's running in my 48" fixture and love them. Just kinda am on a budget right now so the wavepoints were attractive. :)

Sorry, can't help lol. How long did the ones that came with your Current last?

i bought the unit used and its been about a year. I can tell that they need to be changed, the light isnt near as crisp as it is on my 55g

Back
Top Bottom