t5ho to l.e.d

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josethatfishguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've sourced a couple of l.e.d lights and wanted to ask what would you perfer. I do have c02 and I have been looking into dry ferts. But for now I do liquid ferts. I have a 48" long by 19 deep by 21 wide tank that has mid to low light plants currently in it.

Current lighting is
2 24watt t5ho
2 14 watt t5ho
They all are 24 inch in length. I have this dreaded "dark area" right in rhe middle were the two lights meet. The reason I've been looking into l.e.d is due to the fact of bulb cost and replacing them every 3-5months. Would love your info. I have been looking into trying to have sone kind of "carpet" plant like h.c or glosstigma in the near future, would these lights be capable of my needs

http://www.buildmyled.com/freshwater-planted-tank/

Or

http://greenleafaquariums.com/produ...00k-natural-daylight-led-strip-dual-pack.html

Thanks for any input

I actually just got a 72" Planted tank light from Build My LED's and really like it BUT IMO you should keep your T5HO's or at least 1 fixture of them and use them with the LED's. I really like the color spectrum on the BM LED's and they make colors of the plants and fish really pop. But I'd buy 2 Geisemann 6000K Midday bulbs and put them in at least 1 T5HO. I don't replace mine until between 9-12 months and have no issues. Anyway back to the LED's... they make a nice fixture but you might want to call and talk to them about whether a 90 degree bulb angle or a 75 degree one is better for your tank. Since this was additional light on my 220 which I already had T5HO's and Metal Halides I went with a 75 degree angle for deeper light penetration.

What fixture do you have that supports your bulbs I guess they only come in 55wat. The ones I use are foxfarm lol I grew some cannabisn back in the day

I have 2 bulb AquaticLife T5HO fixtures on my 55's and a huge AquaticLife 4 bulb T5HO with 3 150w HID metal halides on my 220g.

ForumRunner_20130616_200201.jpg

Couldn't belive that a store near by carries these best of all only 15bucks

Back
Top Bottom