Tail damage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ant329

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone know how long it takes for a tail to grow back on a cichlid fish.. One of my convicts tail was damaged.. I would say maybe a 1/8th of a inch piece is cut out of his tail..he is approx 5-6 inch long.. Could i use fin rot to help even though the damage was through another fish nippin' his tail and not a disease. Is their anything else that would help it along? My tank is always maintained and clean..

Just keep the water conditions pristine and the tail will grow back within a couple of weeks, with clean water you'll start seeing healing with a few days...skip all the meds, salt, or Melafix.

lots of water changes,and if you can,remove him from the one who bit him. i healed my shrak like this,and he was missing almost all of every fin,and it took about a month

Ok thank you for getting back to me asap!

i actually have the same issue atm... but like hukit said with clean clean water, you'll see progress within a few days, my convicts is already nearly half back! he was missing basically all his tail and underside...

My brother also has a gold nugget pleco.. With yellow spots and the edges of his fins are yellow.. Yesterday a piece was bitten off his fin and some of his yellow went with it.. My question is when his fin comes back will the yellow come back with it.. Ive tried to research this and i cant find anything..

Actually its his tail to be more specific

Back
Top Bottom