Taking the plunge on BioCube 14 build adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greenmaster said:
Why do you want to take the feather duster out?

Because it's under the mushrooms and can't be seen unless they are somewhat closed. If it can be done, I'd like to move it from under the mushrooms at some point.

skidrow52 said:
Do you need a colony of Purple Acro ? :)

If you mean acropora, it looks amazingly cool! But... 1. My cube is still young and I was advised to wait on the coral a month or two and 2. I'm afraid with my stock lighting it would die or at least suffer. :(

But thank you for the thought, skidrow!

I'm so happy, so happy, so happy... You guys can't even imagine! I got another snail, but that's not the main excitement reason. I got my first fish and it's a little Picasso clown! Yaaay!!! :D
Here she is in her bag.

Attachments

• image-2025181754.jpg
    image-2025181754.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 130
  • image-1838487211.jpg
    image-1838487211.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 135
  • image-1259884052.jpg
    image-1259884052.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 133
Thanks, Carey!
I just let her into the cube after the acclimation and guess what?! She went straight for the pods on the glass lol!
I didn't know clowns liked them too.

1Vampiregirl said:
I'm so happy, so happy, so happy... You guys can't even imagine! I got another snail, but that's not the main excitement reason. I got my first fish and it's a little Picasso clown! Yaaay!!! :D
Here she is in her bag.

... Dary likes new fish,...

Dary421 said:
... Dary likes new fish,...

So does Vampiregirl. :)

Now I need my hermit to like the shells I brought him. I already had to scare him away from my dear snails!

1Vampiregirl said:
So does Vampiregirl. :)

Now I need my hermit to like the shells I brought him. I already had to scare him away from my dear snails!

So where did you get her? ..., how much did you have to pay?..... And what's her name? .... Remember,..go sloooooooow :- )

Dary421 said:
So where did you get her? ..., how much did you have to pay?..... And what's her name? .... Remember,..go sloooooooow :- )

Very slow, Dary! I promise! :) She's gonna be the only fishy in there for a while.

I got her at my favorite LFS. I was coming back from my dr's appointment and dropped by to get some empty shells for my acrobat hermit. And there she was!!! It was the first time I saw a designer clown in any of my LFS. So I had to have her!

They had another Picasso about the same size and I asked the owner to verify they weren't a mated pair before I only bought one. I was there staring at them and couldn't choose - both were such cuties. And the other one had a little black dot on the white part, I liked that, but she didn't look as strong and healthy as the one I got. I paid $69.

For now her name is Picci (like Picasso for short - I'm not too original today), but I might change my mind later. :)
And I fed her! Bought frozen vitamin enriched mysis. Is that okay? She ate, can't say that she ate a lot, but some and for some reason picked the biggest pieces. Next time I'll turn off the pump.

Btw, how often and how much should I feed??

Good morning everybody! :)

I've got a question about my Picci. She spent the night upside down, I mean she was like sitting on the back wall with her head down, making her swimming motions, hunting pods. Is that normal behavior??

My scooter hunts upside down on the back wall looking for pods . :) If that makes you feel any better.

I think it's the way she spends nights. Now she is swimming just fine. :D

Edit: And she doesn't like new life spectrum pellets! :(

P.S. Somebody, please keep me away from Liveaquaria! I almost bought a red scooter and now I'm heartbroken that I didn't. :(

1Vampiregirl said:
I think it's the way she spends nights. Now she is swimming just fine. :D

Edit: And she doesn't like new life spectrum pellets! :(

P.S. Somebody, please keep me away from Liveaquaria! I almost bought a red scooter and now I'm heartbroken that I didn't. :(

I will save you vampire girl... Slow and steady... Take a deep breath ., exhale.. Now repeat after me... I vampire girl will stay away from livesquaria for two weeks.. ..now repeat it again....I vampire girl will stay away from livesquaria for two weeks... :-/

I Vampiregirl... I Vampiregirl...
Shoot! I can't!!! Those words are unthinkable! Lol

And the scooter had a high fin... And was eating frozen...
But I stopped myself by thinking that if they shipped tonight, I wouldn't be at home tomorrow morning to receive the package.

Dary, could you throw me an idea of how much of a frozen cube I should give to my clown? I'm afraid I'm seriously underfeeding her. Tx

1Vampiregirl said:
I Vampiregirl... I Vampiregirl...
Shoot! I can't!!! Those words are unthinkable! Lol

And the scooter had a high fin... And was eating frozen...
But I stopped myself by thinking that if they shipped tonight, I wouldn't be at home tomorrow morning to receive the package.

Dary, could you throw me an idea of how much of a frozen cube I should give to my clown? I'm afraid I'm seriously underfeeding her. Tx

I've never had a clown before But they are fish and being fish, I bet you only think you are underfeeding your clown,... I'm sure one of those cubes should last at LEAST a couple of feedings and you should probably be feeding her every other day ...fish are survivors and they don't need the amount of food that we usually try to give them..... I'm sure some clown owners will chime in with their experiences but IMO if you think you are" seriously underfeeding " her then you're probably doing your feeding perfectly.
Remember too that our fish are always forging around in our tanks nipping at anything that looks like food,.pods,algae or anything outa your live rocks.
Sometimes we tend to love our pets to death by giving them way more than they actually require to be healthy....:) , Dary

ChizerBunoi said:
Excellent choice. :fish2:

Thank you. She's still frightened, I hope she will be more social later. Right now whenever I'm around she goes sitting on the back wall just like a dragonet! I'm not sure if she's not a hybrid ha-ha!

Back
Top Bottom