tampa bay saltwater live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srgetz

Aquarium Advice Freak
greetings all, i have heard plenty good about liverocks.com here, but any experiences with tampa bay saltwater lr? i am waiting for the weather to warm up to add some florida cultured lr as I already have 50lb fiji / tonga in a 45g. this lr looks very appealing and teeming with life. there's even a cool video on the home page about the aquaculturing of their lr. check it out...

http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/testimonials2.html

i just went to tampabay saltwater yesterday..not only did they have terrible looking live rock in my oppion but they hardly had any in the store. after watching there 30 minute video on there site, it looked like a great place to go.. boy what a big dissapointment..place was dirty and the water and tanks they keep there live stock in looked nasty.. i'd be affraid to put anything in my tank from them

i just went to tampabay saltwater yesterday..not only did they have terrible looking live rock in my oppion but they hardly had any in the store. after watching there 30 minute video on there site, it looked like a great place to go.. boy what a big dissapointment..place was dirty and the water and tanks they keep there live stock in looked nasty.. i'd be affraid to put anything in my tank from them

your the first and only person( that i've seen) that has had anything bad to say about them. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. is it possable you got to them inbetween harvest's?

BTW Welcome aboard :wave:

tnier,
can you recommend anyone else for florida aquacultured lr then?

it is a lr holding facility, i wouldn't expect it to be pristine in the store...

Not to jump the gun or anything but negative first posts are usually the sign of a troll. Call me mean spirited or pessimistic or whatever. Just talking from experience.

I have heard nothing but praises from everyone else who has done business with these guys. Hard to believe that someone has had an experience on the opposite end of the spectrum. Is it possible, sure? But not probable...

I have heard nothing but praises from everyone else who has done business with these guys. Hard to believe that someone has had an experience on the opposite end of the spectrum. Is it possible, sure? But not probable...

Same here about TBS...

If you can't get it from them, you can get good FALR from liverocks.com

Ive never seen any lr form tampa bay saltwater that didnt look GREAT. my lfs just ordered around 100lbs to put in a custom home tank and the newest batch i saw was the best lr i think i have ever seen period! Hopefully you just stopped by at a bad time because if not we all should be greatly saddened :cry:

Back
Top Bottom