Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would 5 tangs be to many for a 275 gallon tank ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

if they get along then no..
i've seem a lot more tangs in much smaller tanks do very well..

I only have 1 regal tang right now, but I want to add a black tang a powder brown a yellow tang and maybe a hybrid powder blue tang or a purple tang

Similar body shapes has a lot to do with it along with, size and the order they're introduced. For instance my Naso Tang is constantly being tested by my Regal and Sailfin tang. My Naso is the newest and the biggest tang in my tank so he's on the hit list. Fortunately most of the aggression are displays and do no damage.

If the aggression gets too bad you may need to pull the aggressors out of the tank for at least two weeks. This should reestablish the pecking order giving the new Tang time fit in. Good luck!

The powder blue tang IMO is more delicate than others. I would add it first until it is fully acclimated and comfortable. I have 150 gal and I'm hesitant to add it to join my yellow, blue and naso tangs. The powder brown can follow to join in but the remaining 3 (black, yellow and purple) are known to be aggressive with each other. I would add them together at the same time as long as you have ample hiding places so stress can be minimized.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom