tank additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, not a cross between, it's usually either one or the other, the only thing that really is similar about them is the dark grey with a longer ca cichlid face and a red belly.

:) really? ;-)

Rotfflmfao. Aaaahhh, miscommunication is my middle name!! Funny where this wound up!!

Thanks for having a sense of humor about it! Some people would have got mad and threw out insults and the thread would have been closed.

Thanks for having a sense of humor about it! Some people would have got mad and threw out insults and the thread would have been closed.

If you are taking an online forum seriously enough to become enraged and make a scene over a misunderstanding maybe fish keeping isn't such a good idea, lol.

If you can't laugh what can you do?

Okay what are my other 2 haps? I know the moorii val Is one but what are the other too? Im keeping my yo yo loaches and syno though I like them too much. Ill also return my flowerhorn and clown soon too. Then could I add a school of tetras?

A tropheus moorii is NOT a hap? They're from Tanganyika, the haps being referred to are from Malawi. Either way, rehome the moorii and both the venustus

I'd still get rid of the tropheus, different lake.

I don't know of a hap called a "moorii Val", can you get a Latin name for it? I'm guessing its a cyrtocara moorii?

I'd still get rid of the tropheus, different lake.

I don't know of a hap called a "moorii Val", can you get a Latin name for it? I'm guessing its a cyrtocara moorii?

Cyrtocara moorii. It is still young so it doesnt have a horn yet and is still a whiteish color and a tint of blue

c. moori aka blue dolphins can grow to 10 in. and need at least 6 ft. of swimming room. yes, not haps, now have their own classification..

I know all the fish I need to take out of my tank so instead of criticizing my tank because of what I have in it can anyone help me know if I can put any schools of fish in my tank?

I know all the fish I need to take out of my tank so instead of criticizing my tank because of what I have in it can anyone help me know if I can put any schools of fish in my tank?

I was trying to give advice/info. in a way that wasn't criticizing you. Most of us, myself included, have bought on impulse without proper space for fish we bought. I don't really have knowledge with schooling fish, and suggested smaller mbuna to add, but if you post what cichlids you will be keeping, you will probably get good input as to what schooling fish could go with them.

I was trying to give advice/info. in a way that wasn't criticizing you. Most of us, myself included, have bought on impulse without proper space for fish we bought. I don't really have knowledge with schooling fish, and suggested smaller mbuna to add, but if you post what cichlids you will be keeping, you will probably get good input as to what schooling fish could go with them.
Okay well Im getting rid of my flowerhorn clown all 3 haps. What can I add to my tank? It can be any type of fish I just want something new

Personally I wouldn't want to put any shoaling fish in there with many of the species that you have. Also, I don't want to criticise, but I tend to find that the idea of fish that grow up together will tend to get along which you mentioned earlier at least misleading. The truth is that you are either lucky or not I'm afraid. You could have the most aggressive species of fish, as an adult in your tank and add guppies and, if its a laid back individual, they'll be fine, and on the flip side, I've known people with Molly's which have been brought up with angels or gourami's which have suddenly snapped and wiped out the whole tank. It comes down to the individual personalities and whether you are lucky.

what is a tropheus moorii, just concerned as to their size.. As far as other fish I would stick with small fish from malawi lake, 3 or 4 in. grown. There are beautiful fish that fit this description

Personally I wouldn't want to put any shoaling fish in there with many of the species that you have. Also, I don't want to criticise, but I tend to find that the idea of fish that grow up together will tend to get along which you mentioned earlier at least misleading. The truth is that you are either lucky or not I'm afraid. You could have the most aggressive species of fish, as an adult in your tank and add guppies and, if its a laid back individual, they'll be fine, and on the flip side, I've known people with Molly' which have been brought up with angels or gourami's which have suddenly snapped and wiped out the whole tank. It comes down to the individual personalities and whether you are lucky.

Luck is about 60% of it, the other 40% is all proper research and habitat re-creation- plus layered hiding places... Just saying

Oh- and why can't you let the OP learn, not make him/her frustrated about things?! We all had to learn our own ways- can you tell me that from the first time you thought about an aquarium you knew the difference between a cockatoo cichlid and a ram, or a tropheus from a geophagus? Just wondering...

Oh- and why can't you let the OP learn, not make him/her frustrated about things?! We all had to learn our own ways- can you tell me that from the first time you thought about an aquarium you knew the difference between a cockatoo cichlid and a ram, or a tropheus from a geophagus? Just wondering...

Actually I can only see people offering good advice here.Not really sure why your on your high horse!!

Luck is about 60% of it, the other 40% is all proper research and habitat re-creation- plus layered hiding places... Just saying

Congrats on posting the most ridiculous thing I've read today, if you think that's how stocking an aquarium works then I'd suggest stamp collecting since this hobby isn't for you. At least 90% of success goes into the correct stocking of compatible fish for the specified tank followed by the slight chance you'll get a rogue or hyper aggressive cichlid...just saying.

Back
Top Bottom