Tank advice - new to the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abblivion

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm looking for advice for my first tank. I have a betta tank with live plants. I've had my betta for a week. The amazon sword and tropica plant are new and the lace fern I bought with the fish. Ive noticed the plants dont appear very green and I'm wondering if they're doing okay. The lace fern has some darkening on its leaves and the amazon sword just seems dull. I had the sword and the tropica mailed to me and they were quite hot in the package when i recieved them yesterday. I'm using betta basics by seachem for water conditioner. Is there anything I should do differently and anything else can I do to make sure my plants are nice and healthy? Also if anyone has any other advice concerning my tank, I'm open to all ideas. 20180209_142844.jpg20180208_173602.jpg20180209_142852.jpg

You should probably start with adding a fertilizer or 2 and maybe root tabs. Seachem makes good fertilizers and root tabs and they're easy to use. I would look into their Excel as a liquid carbon to add ferts and API Leafzone as a main fertilizer, I use both and see good results, and for root tabs I use seachems and they seem good. Also what kind of light do you have? It might not be strong enough to support plants

You should probably start with adding a fertilizer or 2 and maybe root tabs. Seachem makes good fertilizers and root tabs and they're easy to use. I would look into their Excel as a liquid carbon to add ferts and API Leafzone as a main fertilizer, I use both and see good results, and for root tabs I use seachems and they seem good. Also what kind of light do you have? It might not be strong enough to support plants
Thank you! I will look in to getting some fertilizers as you suggested. The light is inbuilt into the Ecostyle 42, I bought the tank second hand but I imagine its the standard light that comes built in.

Back
Top Bottom