Tank Bug Bit me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonmommy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Uggg, well now I have two tanks running. Its got me good.
Ok quick rundown, had a 10 gallon wich hubby propmtly stuffed with feeders and danios. Got a 55 gallon and put everyone in there. Well after adding my cichlids I noticed the feeders were getting munched so I scooped them all out and took them back to the store. Well I completed my stock of 10 mbunas today so I had to rearrange the rocks and new pvc tubing I got and what did I find? A stray goldfish, I don't know how he got past me. Anyway, he looked a bit ichish, just a touch. So you guessed it... I put the 10 gallon tank back up and now I have a hospital tank with a permanant resident, the feeder.

So there it is... two tanks, what next?

Shhhh! If my hubby see's this he will flip out! LOL, there is no room for the tanks we have already. But when I buy a house.... ohhh the possibilities!

Couch? Entertainment center? ahhhhh who needs that stuff when you can have a 6 foot tank!.. :twisted: :mrgreen:

(if the hubby reads this.. this is a joke) :p

I'm a staunch believer in moving forward gracefully. The next tank should be a 75 gal SA Biotope, which will require a 40 gal breeder (yeah, those SA cichlids love to spawn). You'll need to upgrade the QT to at least 20/30 gal (you never can be too careful). The 10 gal can then be used as a plant trim/guppy tank...opps, guppies tend to bred incessantly, so you'll need to upgrade to a 20 gal. :)

PS - You can tell hubby that this is reality. The world reknown aquatic psychologist, Dr. Ivanna Phishtanque is credited with coining the phrase MTS. :D

Aquatic psychologist? Now there is a waste of a lifetime of studying.

Best of luck to you with your new friend ;)

Joe

I have to agree with the others. You definately need to upgrade tank sizes to a minimum of 100 gal. You will find ways to do without furnature in the house. End tables really aren't a must. They are there for show and therefore can be removed. Besides, who really needs lamps or a place to set their drinks. They shouldn't be drinking in the living room anyways. TV's rot the brain, they should also be removed. Don't you remember the fun and ease of Bean Bag chairs? They can be brought into the living room when you want to sit down, but removed when company comes over. This way the couch and all chairs/sofas can be removed. But really, what would you need chairs for if there is not a tv? Kitchen tables? blah! Eat on the floor or in your bean bag chair. Another good alternative is at the kitchen counter. You'll lose weight with this alternative because who wants to stand at the kitchen counter for a long time to eat. You can sell your furnature to finance the new tank! Problem solved!

LOL MTS will make you move furniture. I now have 2 chairs and 2 end tables in the basement rather than the living room to make room for tanks. I could have put the tanks in the basement but what fun would that be? I have no room for a Christmas tree so we will probably hang ornaments from the tanks. LOL where there is a will there is a way!

LMAO this is cracking me up! This 55 gallon is already in the kitchen, this cabin is so old and crappy that my kitchen is very LONG but 90% of one wall is bare. The tank fits great and is super easy to clean in the kitchen... but I often find myself dragging a chair in there to stare at it. Doing dishes will never be the same.

Try as I might there is no room for another tank in the living room... but I have a huge oak dresser in my room.... hummm

Don't forget about 20L, 10, and 5 gal tanks on the kitchen counters. Just imagine the possibilities. I made due with a 12 inch by 10 inch spot to prepare food on in our loft apt, you can do the same. :) Thanksgiving dinner may be a challenge, but with creativity, you can do it!

Fishyfanatic said:
I have to agree with the others. You definately need to upgrade tank sizes to a minimum of 100 gal. You will find ways to do without furnature in the house. End tables really aren't a must. They are there for show and therefore can be removed. Besides, who really needs lamps or a place to set their drinks. They shouldn't be drinking in the living room anyways. TV's rot the brain, they should also be removed. Don't you remember the fun and ease of Bean Bag chairs? They can be brought into the living room when you want to sit down, but removed when company comes over. This way the couch and all chairs/sofas can be removed. But really, what would you need chairs for if there is not a tv? Kitchen tables? blah! Eat on the floor or in your bean bag chair. Another good alternative is at the kitchen counter. You'll lose weight with this alternative because who wants to stand at the kitchen counter for a long time to eat. You can sell your furnature to finance the new tank! Problem solved!

Fishyfanatic, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this post. The wording and ideas presented are exquisite, and certainly contain much truth.

See, what everyone with MTS needs to do is to move to warehouse space! The price per square foot is less than residential so you can afford more tanks. Also, who needs al the windows and such when you have little windows into nature that you create. Just use all daylight bulbs and there you go- fake natural sunlight. everyone's problems solved.

I couldn't agree more Aquakev. Commercial space......hmmm....there is a 30,000 square foot building for sale.....oh the possibilities. :)

Thanks Snuffleupagus. :D It's always been a truth in my mind. Why spend money on furnature that you're going to end up throwing away when it gets old when you can get a fish tank that lasts for a long time. :lol:

OMG I nearly got an approx 30 galloon hex from the neighbors yard today (my cat was up their tree :x ) but it had a huge crack.

I see this tank thing becoming an obsession real soon.

is the crack in the tank at the top? you can add a paludarium to your growing family of tanks! i recommend a murphy bed to maximize the space in your bedroom. you could definnitely fit a few more tanks in there, if the bed folded up... clawfoot tub? fugeddaboudit--get a shower stall. and who says you really need to keep the car in the garage...

bummer! how do you feel about reptiles? you could have a nice snake in there....

Back
Top Bottom