Tank cycling starting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marvensmom6

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I’ve previously posted about very high ammonia level in my 10 g tank, and now ammonia is between .25 and 5.0. It looks like the nitrite level is slowly starting to change and is about .25. Could this mean my tank may be starting first part of nitrogen cycle? I’ve never had nitrites in tank before. It’s been over a month or 6 weeks since ammonia first spiked. Thanks ? Karen

Nope no nitrate yet. How much nitrite is safe? Nitrate? Thanks Karen

I have just learned that my ammonia is .25, nitrite is .25 and nitrate is .50. It would seem that I’m cycling finally!! I’m doing 1/3 water changes if ammonia starts to climb to .5. Any advice at this point? Many thanks ? Karen

Keep doing what you are doing. Now you are seeing nitrite you need to keep an eye on that too. 0.25 ammonia and 0.25 nitrite, thats fine (0.5ppm combined).

Hi I’ve previously posted about very high ammonia level in my 10 g tank, and now ammonia is between .25 and 5.0. It looks like the nitrite level is slowly starting to change and is about .25. Could this mean my tank may be starting first part of nitrogen cycle? I’ve never had nitrites in tank before. It’s been over a month or 6 weeks since ammonia first spiked. Thanks ? Karen

Something is going right. Cycling can seem like a long process. Just curious, what filter are you using?

Back
Top Bottom