Tank deals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey i am planning on getting a 55 g in december and was wondering, are there any web sites that give deals on tanks lik this? I would prefer a tank comes in a package with the other necessities. Any ideas??

Is craigslist reliable enough? Do they come with stands usually?

It can and cant be, just make sure you see the tank in person to check for scratches and to see if it holds water. If it does you could potentially get a really good deal. From what I've seen being offered in my area I can usually get the tank and stand, sometimes even lights, heaters, and filters. It just all depends

I bought my 55G off of Craigslist, came with stand, 2 pumps, heater, and descent light setup all for 100 bucks. So ya, I'd wait around for something good on CL, and best advice is: be patient, and wait for a good deal!

Recently, I found a 55 gal bow front on CL and it came with a Fluval304 and most of the accessories. I think the only things I purchased was gravel and a heater. I got it for $150. It took some patience, but if you've got the time, just wait for the right deal.

I got a 125g with stand and a 48" light for $100. :-D I ended up selling the light to a friend for $75 so it cost me $25. LOL

Just depends on being in the right place at the right time.

carey said:
I got a 125g with stand and a 48" light for $100. :-D I ended up selling the light to a friend for $75 so it cost me $25. LOL

Just depends on being in the right place at the right time.

I agree. Resale value on an aquarium is very little. Bad if you're selling, great if you're buying. I figure that if I had to purchase everything new, it would have cost between $800 and $900. I waited about 9 months, but I was very specific in waiting for a 55 corner bow front. If you are less picky, you shouldn't have a hard time bringing one home at all.

I agree. Resale value on an aquarium is very little. Bad if you're selling, great if you're buying. I figure that if I had to purchase everything new, it would have cost between $800 and $900. I waited about 9 months, but I was very specific in waiting for a 55 corner bow front. If you are less picky, you shouldn't have a hard time bringing one home at all.
Yep. I have been waiting around for a tank on CL and today I got a fully functional 55 gallon with stand for $60. Hooray!

Ya already found one. 60 gal with everything for 200. Not great but pretty good for 1 minute of looking!

You can try negotiating, or just wait a while longer. I needed a stand for my 55g, and I eventually came across a tank and stand for forty bucks. Stand for my 55g and the extra tank in storage until I need/sell it.

Ya but the thing is i want to try to get one with all of the accessories too (filter, light, ect) haha it would take awhile to find all of the neccesities

Gboy just like they said be Patient I just bought a 55 with stand lid lights filters rock substrate the only thing I need to do is clean it and get a heater for $80.00 so the deals are out there just be checking frequently. Good luck, I hope you land a killer deal.

Yeah resale value on a fish tank is dirt. I've seen numbers all over the place. No one knows what to sell them for. $50 for a dirty 10 gallon or $500 for a 75 gallon. There's even a 220 fully functioning, in wall tank for $2500. Who the heck would buy that? Imagine the work required to move it. I'd rather buy something like that new, and be sure it is gonna be safe and actually work. :ermm:

On the flip side. I've seen alot of 20-30 gallons with stand and light for $50-65. That is a steal and a half.

I've been seeing a trend in my local CL section. The bigger the tank = The better the deal. 55's are perfect to wait for if you have the room.

Back
Top Bottom