tank decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BmxBandGeek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i look at the photogallery here, and see all these beautiful tank decorations and how awesome and happy the fish look in the tank, and i was wondering..what all would i need to put in my tank..like..how many plants and peices of wood are in your guyses tanks?

You would have to tell us what you have in your tank. What kind of fish, what kind of substrate, what kind of tank (size? hex or tall or long). Anything would be helpful.

3 goldfish (planning on selln 2) 6 zebra danios, 2 red-taild black sharks, and a pleco..natural colord gravel (orange, brown, black, that stuff) blue background

Some fish have certain requirements/preferences regarding tank decor, but in general, how you furnish a tank is totally up to you. I actually enjoy messing around with my tanks and moving things around. It's almost as much fun as buying new fish. My fish probably think I'm insane. :D The fish don't care if the plants are live or fake. They will hide in a piece of PVC pipe or in a $50 ornament - the choice is totally yours! You should decide if you want to recreate a specific aquatic environment or if you want to follow a theme. I am doing a tank using a southwest theme.

For your particular group of fish (assuming the goldies go - a wise decision, btw):
Your pleco is the only one that has a hard and fast requirement. He needs real driftwood to be truly happy - he will hide behind it and will consume bits of wood to aid his digestion. The driftwood can become the centerpiece of the tank, or it can be placed in the background - depending on the look you want to achieve.

Zebras and red tails like some open area to swim. Zebras mostly stay near the surface and I think the red tails will mostly stay in the mid-bottom part of the tank. If you keep a few inches near the front of the tank clear of big rocks and tall plants these fish will have all the room they need. HTH

Back
Top Bottom