tank dividers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidcasey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wondering if anyone knows if anyone sells a divider for 56 gal.column tank. My convicts can't fend off the other predator fishbin my tank when their fry hatch.

For hard to find sizes I would try a DIY project. You could try purchasing a piece of egg crate and then cutting it down to fit the size you need and then attaching some plastic knitting mesh squares (found in craft stores; knitting dept) to the egg crate. Someone made something similar on another forum and they used small plastic cable ties to attatach the two items together. This could be stood up in your substrate using a couple larger plants, etc on each side or attaching suction cups (also available at the craft store) to the ends and placing it in the aquarium. Hope this helps!! :)

I'm really impressed with your expertise in this area and thank you. I plan on setting up a 10 gal breeder tank...see my next post and please advise.

Your welcome!! I love being called an expert, though I'm not; it's all about learning as you go and asking questions when you need help. :)

Back
Top Bottom