Tank mates for my Goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh man! You have some of the coolest fish! are these in with Calvin, your rope fish?

oh man! You have some of the coolest fish! are these in with Calvin, your rope fish?

The big one is. Dojo can live in tropical as well if the temp does not exceed 75 F. I'm letting the little guy grow out some before adding to the big tank.

Caleb

And I have come to accept that once Alvin gets bigger he is liable to even try to eat my finger. Silly goldfish will eat anything! Its quite ridiculous!

I have been told that, with diligence, I can have 2 fantails in my 30 gallon. Could I have 1 fantail & 1 comet ?

I have been told that, with diligence, I can have 2 fantails in my 30 gallon. Could I have 1 fantail & 1 comet ?

General rule of goldfish around here is 30 gallon initially then add 10 for every extra goldfish.

This is because of their bioload and adult size.

Caleb

Yes, I've been told that. I've been told, if I have excellent filtration, air stones, etc for extra oxygen & weekly water change / cleaning , I should be good for 2 fantails. My question is, can I have a comet & a fantail ? Will a comet be too active for a fantail ? Will it get more than its fair share of food ?

Comets get way to big an active. Comets are best suited for ponds imho, you'll be better off with two fancies

Thanks for your advice. I really wanted a comet, but I know you are right. I'll enjoy my 2 fantails. :))

Back
Top Bottom