Tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFragile

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my new 20 gallon, I have transferred 4 glofish tetras and 2 corydoras. I plan on adding at least 2 more tetras to make them their happiest and also a few more cories. What other fish would make good companions for these guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are we talking real Glofish with the black light? Which kind is it, like a albino Blackskirt?

Or Glowlight Tetras. Different fish body shapes make things more interesting. So what I might recommend is a narrow body shape if it is the Blackskirt.

Like a Leopard Danio maybe or a Cardinal or Neon Tetra.

Do you have a full tank shot aka FTS?
+ on the added couple of Cories and other fish.

I think they are the black skirt tetras. They have a more rounded shape than the skinny neon fish shape. And yes the black light kind. None of the pet stores that sell them ever seem to have that information. But from the research I've done I am reasonably sure they are originated from either black skirt or white skirt tetras.

Yeah then adding some zebra danio glofish might be a good idea. It would give some variety. I'd also add at least 1 or 2 more of the black skirt variety, 4 is a bit small for a school.

What kind of corydoras are they?

Are danios schooling fish as well? I was leaning towards those as well. I am focusing now on getting enough cat fish to make them happy and probably just one more tetra to give them a group of 5.

I didn't see anything on the store site about the danios being schooling fish but I thought they were.

Are danios schooling fish as well? I was leaning towards those as well. I am focusing now on getting enough cat fish to make them happy and probably just one more tetra to give them a group of 5.

I didn't see anything on the store site about the danios being schooling fish but I thought they were.

Yes, danios are schooling fish and I have seen them happiest in groups of 5 or more.

Back
Top Bottom