Tank options discussion 15G /16G /12G/ 26G /37G?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
I have a 15G column SW nano. Want to maybe switch it up and get a better light usage. When I get a new light.

Top white rocks were moved to a different tank, they were cycling.
60074-albums13960-picture66839.jpg

Have the opportunity to buy a very nice looking 12G rimless Starphire glass, new (came from MACNA 2014 in Denver), stand and tank only nothing else, but the owner doesn't know the manufacturer.

Stand and tank look gorgeous, but I will still need a light (which I need anyway). Everything I have will likely fit right in due to the shape being a horizontal rectangle. Maybe 4 inches wider than tall.

Just throwing it all out there to mull over!

Options

#1 Keep using the 15G column tank I already have Get rid of 2 baby Saddleback Clown fish soon when they get too big. Or use the 16G bowfront I already own. (still need to get rid of the babies)

#2 New 12G tank and stand for $80 (gorgeous not good for many options for fish)

#3 A midsize 26G bowfront tank (better size for a few fish, need to buy one)

#4 Is to use a 37G JEBO "New r375" tank and stand I already have not using (and need to put new light in hood which corroded)

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas!

Last edited:
Easy, go the 37g you already have! That way your clownfish will be happy and you can add a few other fishes too...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's not a Mr. Aqua 12g long is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That would be nice for mr aqua, Red.

Lots of fish/reptile/bird stuff for sale! you will have to slide over almost to the end of the pics to see it.

That is why I am so interested, Bectan, Starphire glass.

It seems sort of an easy answer, BUT...the 12G is so nice looking and the 37G is an oak/maple color, and so a slight negative there, but it IS a nice tank too and I will need a bigger light. And 3 bags of black sand.

I would like 2 SW tanks but I promised I would be lowering the number of tanks! One tank in one tank out. "upgrade"

Back
Top Bottom