Tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good evening all!!

I'm looking to purchase a 75gal glass tank and I've been looking for a stand. I came across this stand tonight and was wondering if it would be sufficient. My only question is would the smaller tank cause any problem? The weight wouldn't be evenly distributed across the entire top of the stand and would that cause the center to bow or give way? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kevin

https://www.wayfair.com/pet/pdx/tucker-murphy-pet-pelton-rectangle-aquarium-stand-w002833187.html

It's hard to say. The weight is mostly supported by the edges of the stand rather than the middle, although this stand seems to have supports in the center as well. I think it would be ok since it's designed for a much heavier tank. Have you considered acrylic? Much lighter and brighter.

That's on my to do list. I want to weigh the pros and cons of each.

It will hold it just fine. The top platform will distribute the weight of the tank along the stand.

I have 18 acrylic tanks so you know what I think about them. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

#1 - I’m jealous
#2 - how about a new thread showing your 18 tanks with stocking list and setup descriptions?

I really enjoy seeing how everyone else stocks and scapes their tanks.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom